Here are some important resources to help you and your child get the most out of your time at Windermere Elementary School.
We ask that you register each of your Windermere Elementary School children at the start of each school year. Windermere Elementary PTA shares the information we collect here with Windermere Elementary School to improve their ability to contact parents and guardians. We want to keep everyone informed and in touch!
You may update your information at any time by emailing [email protected].
You can join the Windermere Elementary PTA right now using our online store! You can also print out a membership form if you would prefer to make a nonstandard membership contribution or pay by check. Our minimum annual member dues is $20 ($5 for Windermere Elementary School staff).
Windermere Elementary PTA Annual Membership
When you join the PTA you join a community that encourages student achievement and enriches their learning environment. We believe in building partnerships between our families and our school. We believe TOGETHER we can help our children be successful. We welcome you to get involved with PTA to show your support!
You will receive the following cumulative rewards at each donation level:
- $20 or more: A Windermere Elementary cling. Show your school spirit by placing this in your car’s window!
- $50 or more: A Windy bag tag.
- $100 or more: A Windermere Elementary power bank and tote bag. Use the UL-certified rechargeable backup battery for your smartphones and other devices.
Please note that PTA memberships are individual memberships, not family memberships. This is because a membership entitles you to vote at our general meetings. If you purchase more than one membership please remember to include names for each one. If you would like to contribute more than our membership fee please use our donation option after adding a PTA membership to your cart.
Who can join? Parents, grandparents, teachers, staff, friends, and family! A discounted membership is available for Windermere Elementary School teachers and staff to join the PTA.
What will you receive? A membership card, voting privileges, monthly newsletters, plus local and national discounts. Additional rewards are also available at different contribution levels.
Windermere Elementary PTA is a 501(c)(3). Your membership contribution may be tax deductible.
Standard Membership, Teacher or Staff Membership
You may also like…
Why join the Windermere Elementary PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. You will also help your school. But there are many more benefits:
- Get connected! There’s no better way to keep in touch with what’s happening right here at WES. Visit us often at windermerepta.com or use our free app or our other social media outlets.
- Discover great resources! The PTA offers a wide variety of programs designed for parents as well as students. Consider volunteering in the Media Center testing our students for the Accelerated Reader program or sign up for Arty Facts and teach students about the great artists of the world.
- Tap into a network! PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. Plan on joining us for our General Meetings.
- Watch yourself grow. By volunteering with the PTA you put your skills and hobbies to use for a great cause — your child and all children in the community. Help lead our Guardian Angels program to help those in need or assist with our Book Fair to encourage students to develop a lifelong love of reading.
- Speak up. The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at our school.
- Witness improvement. By getting involved at your school you’ll be part of the solution and help make positive changes. Our PTA’s Mustang Stampede helps to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a role model! By becoming a PTA member you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Students with involved parents are more likely to attend school regularly, pass their classes, earn higher test scores and grades, have better social skills and exhibit improved behavior, enroll in higher-level programs, and eventually go on to a post-secondary education.
The main objective of the PTA is to establish a partnership between parents, teachers and the community with the goal of helping students obtain a top-quality education. Windermere Elementary PTA provides information and resources to strengthen these relationships. We also sponsor numerous family events and educational programs and school programs. All parents, teachers, staff, and adults in our community and family are invited to become members! By becoming a PTA member your support will help us continue all of our important programs.
Everything the Windermere Elementary PTA accomplishes we do with volunteers — volunteers like you! We encourage you to join the PTA. Even if you don’t regularly participate in one of our committees or programs we periodically use SignUpGenius to recruit additional help. Watch our news for notices!
Open PTA Positions
The PTA’s committee chairs organize, administer, and frequently undertake a lot of the work involved with our various programs. These positions are fundamental to our smooth operation. If you are able to help us out as a committee chair please take a look at our current open positions.
ADDitions School Volunteers
Anyone interested in volunteering in their child’s classroom, at the school, or for a field trip must register online as an ADDitions School Volunteer. Registration is annual; you must register again this year even if you registered last year.
To attend a school field trip you must also complete a chaperone application.
Windermere Elementary School has an ADDitions Coordinator who is available to help you if you require assistance. The ADDitions Coordinator, Susan Shaw, can be reached at 407-876-7520 x4092224.
Some employers provide benefits when their employees volunteer at non-profits. Check with your employer!
- Walt Disney World Resort: The VoluntEARS program provides grants based on volunteer hours. Further details can be found on the Hub.
- Universal Orlando Resort: Each Universal Orlando employee is eligible to track their hours volunteering with Windermere Elementary PTA. Once you’ve volunteered for 52 hours in a calendar year you can apply for a grant in January of the next calendar year. There should be a Volunteer Hours Tracking link on your myUO Home page that will let you register as a volunteer and record your hours. Windermere Elementary PTA is already set up in Universal Orlando’s system!