Windermere Elementary School is excited to continue offering a Saturday Science Camp program for 4th and 5th graders. It is an opportunity for students to strengthen their science skills through hands-on activities, experiments and vocabulary development. The program is free and will run for 5 weeks on January 27, February 3, February 24, March 3, and March 10 from 8:30a-11:30a.
If you would like to take part in this wonderful opportunity please fill out and return the form your child brought home from class. If you need another form you can get one from the front office. Hurry, space is limited, and forms need to be turned in by Tuesday, January 23!
Your PTA is Hard at Work…
Every year Windermere Elementary PTA provides many different resources, programs, and special events to benefit the students and staff at Windermere Elementary School. Our calendar is filled with activities for all grade levels. Please take a moment to review the information we’ve provided for you on this web site.
Remember, we are always in need of parents with enthusiasm and willingness to give. Please consider volunteering your time and talents to the PTA!
You can find the most recent information on what we’re working on in our news posts.
Coming in 2017-18
- Further emphasis on our support for science and the arts.
- Fans for the PE pavilion!
- We will begin working on installing water bottle filling stations at drinking fountains throughout the school.
- We are investigating several potential landscaping improvements to enhance the school’s appearance and create a more welcoming environment for the studetns.
- Last year our Learning Garden opened! This year we will be working hard to enhance and expand the garden and further utilize it to enrich our classroom activities. We will have be adding signage, fruit trees, and tools to help with maintaining the garden!
- Both our Mustang Daughters Dance in its new venue and Mustang Sons bowling night were more successful than ever last year. We plan to continue them in the same vein this year.
- Accelerated Reader has been a huge success every year. We continue to dedicate volunteer time to this important reading program.
- So many of our most popular programs require a substantial amount of volunteer work every year in order to come together — from the organizational, design, and decorating work involved with the Mustang Daughters Dance to the important classroom participation of our Arty Facts volunteers. These activities and events may now seem like a normal part of the WES experience but they only happen because of the constant effort of PTA volunteers.