Please join us for our first Learning Garden meeting to discuss different ways to get involved with this program.
We are proud to announce that we have passed all necessary inspections with the OCPS Building Department. We are now in the process of organizing a Windermere Elementary School community Learning Garden workday to get the garden started. We will need all hands on deck to do multiple jobs such as filling the beds with soil, mulching, and planting flowers and vegetables, as well as decorating the native garden inside the school playground.
National Arts and Humanities Month is an annual celebration of the importance of culture promoted by Americans for the Arts. They provide additional information and resources for schools to use in October to raise awareness of the important of the arts and humanities and encourage students to participate in the arts.
Your PTA is Hard at Work…
Every year Windermere Elementary PTA provides many different resources, programs, and special events to benefit the students and staff at Windermere Elementary School. Our calendar is filled with activities for all grade levels. Please take a moment to review the information we’ve provided for you on this web site.
Remember, we are always in need of parents with enthusiasm and willingness to give. Please consider volunteering your time and talents to the PTA!
You can find the most recent information on what we’re working on in our news posts.
Coming in 2016-17
- If you have ever dined in the WES cafeteria you know that it is an exceptionally noisy place. This year one of our school improvements will be installing noise abatement features and hope to make the cafeteria a much more acoustically pleasant place to eat and congregate.
- This past spring after an arduous approval process we finally began construction of our Learning Garden. This year we will be working hard to complete the garden and begin using it to enrich our classroom activities. We will have irrigation, a large pergola, and new fruit trees!
- Following the great success of our Father Daughter Dance, this year we will be putting on a Mother Son Event at the Winter Garden Bowl in April!
- We have been making a major effort this summer to update and upgrade this PTA website and the tools we use for creating and distributing newsletters to our WES families. We will be evaluating, tweaking, and then wrapping this development up during the first part of the 2016-17 school year.
- Accelerated Reader has been a huge success every year. We continue to dedicate volunteer time to this important reading program.
- So many of our most popular programs require a substantial amount of volunteer work every year in order to come together — from the organizational, design, and decorating work involved with the Father Daughter Dance to the classroom participation of our Arty Facts volunteers.
These activities and events may now seem like a normal part of the WES experience but they only happen because of the constant effort of PTA volunteers.